Runtime: 98 mins
Published/distributed by BFI
(Including VAT at 20%)
Erotic Films of Peter de Rome: RRP 19.99
de Rome, Peter
In the late 1960s and early 1970s British-born New Yorker and unsung hero of gay underground filmmaking Peter de Rome produced a number of explicit, painstakingly crafted Super 8 films each of which took the viewer on an immersive sexual journey. In 1973, eight of these films were brought together as The Erotic Films of Peter de Rome producing one of the finest cinematic examples of the intersection of artistry and eroticism, in the tradition of Andy Warhol and Kenneth Anger. Now released on DVD for the first time, these extraordinary films are accompanied by a new BFI documentary.
Extras* Fragments: The Incomplete Films of Peter de Rome (Ethan Reid, 2012, 43 minutes): revealing new documentary in which Peter de Rome discusses his many incomplete and unfinished films.
* Scopo (Peter de Rome, 1966, 6 minutes): when a young man arrives at an empty apartment, he is unaware that a stranger is watching him.
* The Fire Island Kids (Peter de Rome, 1970, 12 minutes): two men spend a lazy day in each other's company after one rescues the other from drowning
* Moulage (Peter de Rome, 1971, 13 minutes): humour and art collide in this study of erotic body casting.
* Brown Study (Peter de Rome, 1979, 9 minutes): an ethnographic study with a difference.
* Abracadaver! (Nathan Schiff, 2008, 10 minutes): a gruesome tale of magic and mutilation from producer David McGillivary, starring Peter de Rome
* New scores for The Fire Island Kids and Brown Study by Stephen Thrower (Cyclobe), and Scopo by Steve Moore (Zombi).
* Fully illustrated booklet with new essays and extracts from de Rome's personal diary.