Runtime: 117 mins
Subtitles: English, optional
Published/distributed by BFI
Region B / 2
(Including VAT at 20%)
Salo, or The 120 Days of Sodom: Dual Format Edition (Blu ray + DVD) RRP 22.99
Pasolini, Pier Paolo
Banned, censored and reviled the world over since its release, Pasolini's final and most controversial masterpiece is presented here fully uncut and uncensored in a brand new restoration.
Extras* Includes both Italian-language and English-language versions
* 'Ostia - the Death of Paolini' by Coil: the band's 1986 track with new video accompaniment.
* Original Italian trailer
* Open Your Eyes! (2008, 21 mins): Pasolini and his actors at work and in interview on the set of Salo. (DVD only)
* Walking with Pasolini (Roberto Purvis, 2008, 21 mins): documentary featuring Neil Bartlett, David Forgacs, Noam Chomsky and Craig Lapper (Chief Examiner, BBFC) (DVD only)
* Whoever Says the Truth Shall Die (1981, 58 mins) Philo Bregstein's classic documentary on the life and death of Pier Paolo Pasolini (DVD only)
* Fade to Black (Nigel Algar, 2001, 24 mins) Documentary with Mark Kermode exploring the ongoing relevance and power of Pasolini's controversial masterpiece, with Bernardo Bertolucci and other leading directors (DVD only)
* Ostia (Julian Cole, 1991, 26 mins) a short film about the last days of Pasolini, starring Derek Jarman, with optional director's commentary (DVD only).
* 32-page booklet with introduction by Sam Rohdie, reviews, BBFC correspondence, stills, and on-set photographs